The Common Ground Arts Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the promotion and advocacy of emerging Edmonton artists. The Found Festival is Common Ground Arts Society’s flagship event. It is Edmonton’s only site-specific arts festival and one of the city’s most unique arts showcases, taking place in Old Strathcona annually on the last weekend of June. It is a living, breathing showcase of dance, theatre, visual art, music, creative writing and more, all of which take place in non-traditional performance venues.
To operate an organization that encourages and facilitates the development, promotion, and presentation of work by emerging artists.
To empower, connect and showcase emerging artists.
Our bylaws can be found here.
OUR CORE VALUES
- CREATIVITY: To promote originality in the content and presentation of work
- COMMUNITY: To connect artists to each other and expand public participation
- SUSTAINABILITY: To develop a strong business model and organizational structure to ensure the longevity of the organization
- ACCESSIBILITY: To offer opportunity to artists of different disciplines and experience and showcase them at events for patrons of various ages, cultures and physical ability
- GROWTH: To increase our membership, audiences, and the quality of our events