NOW ACCEPTING FOUND FESTIVAL 2016 SUBMISSIONS
Found Festival is a multidisciplinary found space and site specific arts festival exhibiting innovative new works in unconventional spaces in Edmonton, Alberta. The festival dates are June 23-26, 2016.
- Found space, site specific, and installation based work;
- Any artistic discipline: music, dance, visual art, film, theatre, writing, etc.;
- Previously produced work or new work;
- One-minute performances, day-long endurance art pieces and everything in between;
- Projects should be informed by or built to suit found space; and
- Preference will be given to projects that best consider community impact and use of found space.
PROJECT SUBMISSIONS (INDIVIDUALS OR ENSEMBLES)
Maximum two pages (not including Lead Artist CV and support materials)
- Project description including desired audience experience;
- Desired venue(s)/location;
- Potential community impact (how the project involves and/or effects the local community);
- Potential requirements (power access, sound, lighting, projection, etc.);
- Creation and development process, including timeline;
- Lead Artist CV; and
- Support material (past performance history, script excerpts, photos, videos, etc.).
DEADLINE: February 23, 2016
The Found Festival is Common Ground Arts Society’s flagship event. It is Edmonton’s only site-specific arts festival and one of the city’s most unique arts showcases, taking place annually in Old Strathcona on the last weekend of June. This year’s Found Festival will take place June 23 – 26, 2016. It is a living, breathing showcase of dance, theatre, visual art, music, creative writing and more, all of which take place in non-traditional performance venues. Past performance venues include late night theatre in a grocery store, a performance piece on the High Level Bridge, dance amongst park trees, and more!
The Found Festival invites you to explore new corners of your neighbourhood, rediscover your community and enjoy all Edmonton has to offer.