Past venues have included a funeral home, residential garage, and a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan. We’ve had live music played off rooftops, movies projected onto buildings, and a play performed— in the middle of June— on a giant pile of snow. Some pieces are designed for as few as 5 people at a time, with others accommodating as many as 200. We are committed to presenting innovative, entertaining, and provocative new works which push the boundaries of audience interaction, allowing both spectators and performers to engage in a more stimulating brand of risk-taking and play.
2014 Festival Schedule
Thursday, June 26 7:30pm – 1:00am
Friday, June 27 3:00pm – 1:00am
Saturday, June 28 10:00am – 1:00am
Sunday, June 29 11:00am – 1:00am
Festival Line Up
Click HERE for Detailed 2014 Line Up!
Volunteering with us? Thanks so much! Here are the Application Form and the Volunteer Package:
HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS?
Individual Tickets – $8/$10
Festival Pass – $40
Festival Main Grounds, Flash Mob, & Citizen’s Gallery – FREE!
HOW DO I BUY TICKETS?
1. Pre-sale tickets ONLY available through donating to our indiegogo campaign. Click HERE to donate!
2. Camp Found Opening Kickoff on Thursday June 26 at Strathcona Community League Centre (10139 87 Ave)
3. The Festival Main Grounds at Dr. Wilbert McIntyre Gazebo Park (83 Ave & 104 St).
Grounds open: Friday June 27 3pm – Midnight
Saturday June 28 10am – Midnight
Sunday June 29 11am – 9pm
**Limited Capacity at most shows so secure your tickets early at our box office!
SO, THIS IS YOUR FIRST FOUND FESTIVAL. OR, MAYBE IT’S NOT.
Maybe you’re just eager to get the most up-to-date, insider pro-tips on how to get the most out of this 4-day, rain or shine, art adventure extravaganza! Whatever your reason, this should give you a bit more information about everything Found related.
• Download our FREE Festival Mobile App! Search “Found Festival” on your smart phone for full mobile festival details & updates! COMING SOON
• Find us online! Tweet @CommonGroundArt with #foundfest! Post pics of you at the grounds or at a show on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and #foundfest and be entered to win a free Found Festival t-shirt!
• Festival Program available at the Camp Found Opening Kickoff and Festival Main Grounds
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR FOUND?
1. Several performances take place outdoors, so dress accordingly! Check the weather forecast before heading out in the morning— sunscreen, bug spray & umbrellas are your friends!
2. Venues vary greatly in terms of capacity and seating options. Get your tickets early to ensure you see everything! Also— many pieces are standing room only! Others provide opportunities for you to move around throughout. Don’t like where you’re watching from? Move somewhere else! Also, if you or someone you’re traveling the festival with have specific needs, related to seating or otherwise, please let our staff at the Box Office know, so that we can figure out together how we can best accommodate you.
3. Get into it! The more you put into your Found experience, participation-wise, the more you’ll get out of it. Feel free to ask questions, touch things, engage with your surroundings. If a performer tries to interact with you and you’re into it, try responding and see what happens. A general rule do what you want, as long as you’re respecting your own boundaries, as well as those of the people around you. If you’re not interrupting the piece with your participation, that’s a plus too. A good rule is to have fun, but use your common sense.
• Any general inquiries please contact Festival Director – Andrew Ritchie
The Found Festival is supported by the Edmonton Arts Council and the City of Edmonton