Vision and Mission
At Common Ground Arts Society (CGAS), We radically invite artists of all disciplines at all stages of their career to wildly experiment with process and craft. We believe in people and process over product: come as you are; create from where you’re at; learn, fail, try again, fail better; tend to your whole self; share art, share kindness, share in community. Mentorship and learning is at the core of everything we do: we’re still learning, we’ll never stop learning, and we want to share in those lessons with you.
Common Ground Arts Society (CGAS):
- Mentors & supports artists;
- Centres the voices of under-represented, under-served artists;
- Engages artists in exploratory creative practice; and
- Connects artists and audiences.
Common Ground Arts Society (CGAS) is an Edmonton-grown arts organization that mentors and supports primarily local emerging and mid-career artists.
- provide a platform for artist-driven work;
- curate creative connections between artists and audiences;
- inspire dialogue about local space, place, and sense of belonging through live performance;
- engage a roster of diverse, multidisciplinary, and experimental artists;
- focus on developing work that engages artists in an exploratory practice that encourages innovation and adaptability;
- mentor future artistic and administrative leaders in our local community;
- continue to steward a sustainable and healthy organization; and
- contribute to, help shape, and hold ourselves accountable to the Edmonton arts community.